You may be putting yourself at risk of creating new and enhanced issues.
“Mask Mouth” is becoming more and more prevalent in our society due to the Corona virus. It is creating a lack of humidity in the mouth which causes dry mouth, and less saliva is produced. We need saliva to help rinse off your teeth to keep everything working properly. We are seeing more and more decay, and gum issues since the onset of the Corona Virus. Regular dental checkups are necessary to help prevent and control these problems.
Delaying treatment that was needed at the beginning of Covid will increase the possibility of the issue becoming a bigger problem. If you had a cavity that needed a filling, it may have progressed to a need for a crown or even a root canal if let go too long!
Our patients safety and health is our main priority!
You come into contact with germs any time you leave your home. But, here at Cobb Center for Advanced Dentistry, we follow all CDC and ADA recommended infection prevention control and IPC practice (IPC) safety guidelines.
We do even more to prevent the spread of COVID-19, like:
- Disinfect all surfaces and tools more often.
- Clean and Sterilize instruments and operatories between patients.
- Wear more protective gear than usual.
- Cover your mouth with a rubber dental dam.
- Space out appointments.
- Check your temperature and other symptoms.
- Require you to wear a face mask.
- Ask about your recent travel.
- Ask whether you’ve been around people who have COVID-19.
- Ask you not to arrive early.
- Ask you to limit the number of people you bring with you, such as children.
- Have you wait outside until we are ready for you.
- Place waiting room chairs 6 feet apart for social distancing.
- Get rid of common things people touch in the waiting room, such as toys and magazines.
We have taken every precaution to ensure your health and safety, don’t delay taking care of your own dental health.