ARE YOU AFRAID OF VISITING THE DENTIST?
We don’t believe that dentistry should be scary or fear-inducing. However, many patients have a high level of anxiety about going to the dentist. Dr. Patel understands how patients feel and he knows how to put you at ease as he also had some bad dental experiences as a child. When anxiety is a problem, sedation dentistry is a way to alleviate your fears while managing your oral health.
Candidates for sedation dentistry include:
- patients with significant treatment anxiety
- extremely sensitive teeth
- low pain tolerance issues
- patients requiring extensive amount of dental work to complete**
**Because patients are more comfortable under sedation, it is often possible to handle in one visit what would otherwise require multiple visits.
We provide the following levels of sedation:
- Inhaled (minimal) sedation. Nitrous oxide wears off quickly and most patients are able to drive again within a short time of their appointment.
- Oral (moderate) sedation. With oral sedation, you will take a pill similar to Valium. Recovery time is minimal, but patients will need a responsible party to drive them home after their appointment.
Dr. Patel has been trained to use sedation techniques appropriately and will render the proper level for your specific treatment. Ask about sedation dentistry if this sounds like an option that would make your more comfortable.